After playing a lot with PuTTY & Bus Pirate to write/modify some SLE4442 smart cards, I decided to make a simple Graphical User Interface to make my life easier!
This simple .NET app will help you to read/write a SLE4442 card and change PSC code easily.
Please, find below information about the hardware that I used:
Bus Pirate v3.b
Firmware v6.1 r1676 Bootloader v4.4
/!\ Please note that any other firmware returning different format (e.g. different menu, modes, …) will NOT work (but if you understand the source code it won’t take you more than 5 minutes to adapt it).
See connections pinout in this other post.
Useful/interesting links about SLE4442
- SLE4442 datasheet
- How-to: Read a FedEx Kinko’s smart card (SLE4442) @ Hackaday
- SLE4442 (FedEx Kinko’s) smart card update @ DangerousPrototypes
- Hacking a laundry machine in one day (SLE4442)
- How to read a SLE4442/32 SmartCard using PCSC
- SLE4442 die insepction @ IOActive Labs
- Blank cards I bought on ebay even the 32 first bytes, (see protection memory) are writable!